Saturday 28 October 2017

ANOTHER HALLOWEENSIE TALE!

I'm having so much fun with 100 word stories for Susanna Leonard Hill's Halloweensie Contest. Three of those words have to be Monster, Shadow and Candy Corn.

Here we go again. Entry number two!

You Just Never Know!

We three went out one Halloween to play a game of “Dare”.

Tom was a monster. He had to jump out of the shadows as our teacher cycled by.

Lucy had to hang her grinning pumpkin from the top of a tree.

I had to Trick or Treat at the creepy house they said belonged to a witch.

I almost ran as a wrinkled old woman slowly opened the door.  

Thank you, child.” She smiled tearfully as she held out some candy corn. “I’ve waited so many years for a Trick or Treat. You’re the first one who ever came!”

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, David. You are very supportive. I wish you well with all your writing.

      Delete
  2. LOL-so hard to turn down a dare. She was a winner by scoring that candy corn and making someone happy :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! I really appreciate your comment :)

      Delete
  3. Sweet ending! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, Jilanne. And my best wishes to you for your writing.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely ending! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad she finally got a trick or treater. Very nice ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, McMarshall. Your comment is encouraging.

      Delete
  7. I love the happy ending. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gregory. I really apprecitae your support :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sherri. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  9. ah...a sad Halloween story. Don't read many of these. It makes yours even more special.
    best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad she learned a life lesson--tough to do in 100 words! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicholissa. I really value your support.

      Delete
  11. What a sweet, surprising ending! It was not at all what I expected, and it made me melt. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Delfina. I really appreciate your comment :)

      Delete
  12. All is not as it seems, and everyone likes to feel included. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Jane. I appreciate your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw! Very sweet! I'm glad the old woman finally got a trick-or-treater :)

    ReplyDelete